How To Relieve Stress At the Office
Follow these tips on how to relieve stress at the office to reduce the bad effects of workplace stress.
It is important to take care of ourselves on a daily basis and the workplace can be a source for many of the stresses which can affect our long term health.
These simple but effect stress relief techniques will help you to relax more and live a healthier happier life.
- To reduce the affect of computer eyestrain why not try a Chamomile compress. Brew two Chamomile teabags in a cup of hot water, once brewed take out of the cup and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then while they are still warm, sit back and place them over your eyes. Keep them there until they go cold.
- Have a plant on your desk. Studies have shown that people who have plants in the office are far less stressed.
- Take regular breaks and do some stretches to help relax muscle and prevent office cramp. You can also do some breathing exercises during this time to help keep you calm and relaxed.
- Drink non caffeinated drinks throughout the day.
- Stay organized and tidy. A tidy desk where you can find things will help you to be productive and avoid stress.
- Try some self massage on your hands and neck. A few minutes throughout the day pampering yourself really will make a difference in the long run.
- Don’t neglect the stress relieving powers of scent while at work. Use aromatherapy oils either as a room scenter or rubbed on your wrists with oil. Lavender is particularly relaxing.
- To get rid of any negative or frustrated emotions, why not write them down in your private diary. Better out than in as they say.
- Take to work some healthy but luxuries little pampering treats which can you can reward yourself with throughout the day.
- What about some chocolate chips or sunflower seeds mixed with some raisins. It’s all in the presentation so keep little portions of them in small decorate paper bags tied up with a reusable ribbon.
- Get away from your desk at regular intervals, even if it is just a short walk around the office or up and down some stairs for a few minutes. The break will help to refresh you both physically and mentally.
As you can see there are many little ways to how to relieve stress at the office. All it takes is a little imagination and some effort and you can make your working days far less tiring and stressful.
Articles on Stress